Garage door upgrades are one of the most worthwhile home improvements, with a consistently high return on investment across the country. A recently published cost guide from RemodelingCalculator.org offers comprehensive insights on specific investments and returns related to garage door projects. The guide states, “the return of investment (ROI) of a new garage door is the second-highest ROI of all renovations, at 94.5% on average in America.”
Garage door enhancement tips
Are you excited to improve your home’s value? You’ll first need to consider whether your garage door functions well and fits in with the rest of your property’s aesthetic. If you haven’t replaced or repaired yours in a decade or longer, consider the following:
- Restore door opener components for smoother, quieter, and faster grand entrances (and exits)
- Enhance hardware for a polished look
- Install new weather strips to keep moisture and drafts out. You won’t see the changes, but you’ll smell them and feel them (no one likes moldy garages). Read easy-to-follow instructions here.
- Add windows to transform the entire look of your garage door and home. Thicker, frosted glass is the best choice to ensure windows are private and secure.
- Resurface garage doors with wood paneling if it looks out of date, but otherwise works well
- Upgrade the technology that operates your garage door with smartphone-operated remote controls to control access and manage the security of your home
- A fresh coat of paint! Select a color that is a couple of shades darker or lighter than your home’s exterior
- Complete garage door replacements may be necessary for damaged doors. If you’re on a budget, consider an industrial-style roll-up garage door, which is less expensive and fits well with certain (but not all!) homes
Work with Curbio to plan your garage door makeover
Our end-to-end home improvement solutions save thousands of U.S. homeowners and real estate agents money and stress. We’ll create a plan to increase your home’s curb appeal and value – then, we’ll get it done. To get started, tell us a little about your home!