Elections saw celebrity effort to turn out vote
Posted by Marissa Corrado on Tuesday, November 6, 2018 ·
Celebrities are constantly in the public eye and setting trends. Celebrities like Taylor Swift, Rihanna, John Legend and Justin Beiber recently vocalized their stances on this year’s midterm elections and have urging people to head to the polls.
As a figure in the public eye, some may think they have the power to make a difference during these midterm elections.
After Taylor Swift took to social media to share her stance and urging her followers to vote, it was found that there was an uptick in voters in the state of Tennessee. With the midterm elections drawing closer, more stars are taking to social media to express their views.
- New York State Assembly approves gun storage legislation to improve child safety
- Garden City Lacking Fair and Affordable Housing Options
- New study shows Long Island teachers are less diverse than the national average
- Hempstead Village Planning Board approves proposal for storage site
- Long Island senators secure critical funding for LIRR
- West Hempstead Schools Create First Ever Student-Led Council
- LIRR Construction Raises Concerns Among New Hyde Park Residents
- Nassau County veterans receive aid in time of need
- Use caution driving through these Long Island areas this holiday season
- Food Safety Violations at Nassau County Restaurants