Elections saw celebrity effort to turn out vote
Celebrities are constantly in the public eye and setting trends. Celebrities like Taylor Swift, Rihanna, John Legend and Justin Beiber recently vocalized their stances on this year’s midterm elections and have urging people to head to the polls.
As a figure in the public eye, some may think they have the power to make a difference during these midterm elections.
After Taylor Swift took to social media to share her stance and urging her followers to vote, it was found that there was an uptick in voters in the state of Tennessee. With the midterm elections drawing closer, more stars are taking to social media to express their views.
- Use caution driving through these Long Island areas this holiday season
- Food Safety Violations at Nassau County Restaurants
- Amazon’s ‘HQ2’ headquarters set to open in Long Island City, faces criticism
- Gender equality groups remain strong despite attacks
- Dual stream recycling: a solution to Long Island’s growing crisis?
- Immigrants speak up for right to American dream
- Nassau County leads NY efforts to prosecute hate crimes
- Marijuana legalization key ballot issue
- Elections saw celebrity effort to turn out vote
- LI universities joined forces in efforts to turn out student vote